Monday, January 30, 2012

New Year, New Blog, New Beginnings

This is my new blog, dedicated to my growth as an artist, specifically as a freelance illustrator.

I have worked in art and design full time in varying fields and industries since 2005.  My resume includes graphic design work for a web design company, an advertising design company, lead designer for an independent urban sportswear/outerwear company, and since late 2010, freelance illustration and design for a variety of clients ranging from independent clothing lines to album art.

For 2012, I have made it a personal and professional goal to achieve my dream of becoming a self-reliant, full time freelance illustrator.  This means a shift of focus back to my roots: drawing and illustrating the things I love.

I didn't plan on making this a big long bio, so I'll keep it short so I can get to my studies.

I am beginning my Crimson Daggers Deathline Challenge here and now.

Here are my goals for 2012, as stated to the Crimson Daggers:


1. Develop a new professional portfolio, shifting my freelance focus from illustration and design for the music industy, to entertainment/fantasy illustration.
As a part of this:
a) Increase study time to a minimum of 2 hours a day – EVERY day – no excuses
b) Participate in every Bloodsport challenge
c) Create 1-2 personal pieces for a new, dedicated portfolio per month

2. Become financially stable and viable solely off of my work as a freelance artist.

3. Become more organized, efficient, and focused
a) Use schedule book effectively
b) Set goals for each month, week and day

No comments:

Post a Comment